• Put a couple of drops of lavender or peppermint essential oil on a cool light bulb to help repel bugs.
• Place several drops of oil of lavender or peppermint on a cotton ball or two. Put them into a small jar or margarine container. Poke a few holes in the lid and cover. Put around the room.
Natural Insect Repellent
Mix 2 drops of oil of peppermint or lavender with 2 teaspoons of almond or sweet oil and dab on the skin.
Pest-Free Picnic Table
Add 5 drops of lavender essential oil to 32 ounces of water. Pour into a spray bottle and wipe down the table and chairs.
Body Heat Coolers
• Place a piece of silverware on the back of your neck for a quick cool down.
• Rest your wrist on a cold glass of iced water and feel the chill.
• Wipe your feet with an alcohol wipe to cool off your whole body.
Freeze several different sizes of water bottles to keep food chilled in an ice chest. When the water melts, you can drink it!
Here are a few summer tips!